Author   Comment  
Dalboy

Reply with quote  #1 
For those that use a scroll saw and print out the patterns in black, if you print them in orange or a light red colour you will find that is is easier to follow the line more accurately as the cut will show up black where as if you did it on a black lined pattern can disappear.
Some of the more seasoned scrollers probably already know this little tip.
Not only that but you know exactly where you have cut

Reply with quote  #2 
Great tip Derek.  Will give it a go.  I'm sure it will help these tired eyes.

Many thanks

Reply with quote  #3 
ya know I have seen this on you tube a fair about. But for some reason I can't ever get the laser printer to print a red line no matter what i do! It just keeps printing in Black and White LOL[biggrin]

I have a wonder color printer but I never remember to try a pattern in red. It costs more for ink per print so my subconscious must block me from using it LOL
It makes goods sense though as I have a heck of a time on patterns that have a lot of curvy lines i will loose the blade in the line and have to refocus to see it.

thanks for reminding us about this I'm gonna go try printing a pattern out right now with red so i can try it before my mind tricks me again[wink]

Reply with quote  #4 
Derek thanks for the tip I have been scrolling for a while now and have never had any issues with black or grey, lines are there purely for a guide only.
So each to his/her own I'll stick to black. If you see red better than black it could be because each person sees colours differently especially if your coloured blind or just older eyes. It's just my opinion. Hope you don't take offence.

https://www.facebook.com/Scrollsaw-Woodworker-578378898839152/
BadBob

Reply with quote  #5 
I gave the the red line a try. I cut black and red back to back. Although I think I like the red better I don't know that it was better for me.

I've been experimenting with this for a while. What I have found so far is that contrast between the the lines and the background, lighting and the sharpness of the lines make the most difference for me.

Just my 2 cents.

Hambone

Reply with quote  #6 
I think I'll stick with the black lines.  Some of the overlapping lines on patterns i.e dots behind straight lines, especially on smaller patterns, give me trouble, however, patterns from Toymaking Plans are superior.  Often I have to squint and my fingers and hands cramp but that happens no matter what!

Hambone

Hambone
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.