Author   Comment  
gsmith89

Reply with quote  #1 
In between building toys I have been working on a chess set. They are made of cherry and maple. Still need to make the chess board, later project. I leaned a lot on these using a scroll saw.  20160118_160716.jpg  20160119_150713.jpg  20160201_121056.jpg  20160201_121259.jpg 
ed357sw

Reply with quote  #2 
well done.
I started a set several months back and still have yet to complete. 3D compound cuts are fun on the scroll saw.
Thanks for sharing these....

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #3 
I have enjoyed reviewing your chess set. I am impressed with the graceful beauty of your design, choice of wood and attention to careful workmanship. I spent countless hours playing chess with my friends as a child and young man. And Cynthia and I enjoyed chess early in our relationship. Now all of our time is spent playing the toymakingplans.com business game!
gsmith89

Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks guy's I learned a lot about compound cutting on a scroll saw . Had to make a jig to hold the pieces. Fun project
Tony

Reply with quote  #5 
Very nice job. Do you have a picture of your jig? And where is the pattern from?

Reply with quote  #6 
Tony here is the book I got my plans from and the jig I made to hold the chess pieces for the compound cuts.

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpeg, Views: 10, Size: 176.53 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpeg, Views: 11, Size: 194.09 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpeg, Views: 13, Size: 234.97 KB 

phantom scroller

Reply with quote  #7 
Lovely chess pieces should look great on a beautiful table to suit[thumb]

https://www.facebook.com/Scrollsaw-Woodworker-578378898839152/
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.