Author   Comment  
gazz

Reply with quote  #1 
I made four of these at the same time, all these posts except the bike are all finished with the wax.
Serengeti 1.jpg Serengeti 2.jpg Serengeti 3.jpg 

Serengeti 4.jpg Serengeti 5.jpg Serengeti 6.jpg 

Reply with quote  #2 
Good looking set.

Reply with quote  #3 
I agree with Tom, a really good looking fun set of toys.....well done.
gazz

Reply with quote  #4 
Thank you, your comments are nice to hear(read) it's normally just from the family I get comments from and sometimes you think are they just saying it to be nice but to get positive feedback from you guys makes me think I can't be that bad.

Reply with quote  #5 
Don't be so hard on yourself.  we are our own worst critic  (so my wife tells me )   Your work is excellent.  I am still struggling with my work a lot of it is given away because I know where all the mistakes are. then I go to a market to see other works and realize I'm not so bad [smile]........ then I see some real craftsmanship and realize I still have a ways to go.[frown]   Keep up the good work [thumb][thumb][thumb]
Frogbucket

Reply with quote  #6 
Hi Greg.
I fully agree with both yourself and Gazz about harsh self criticism and the family being biased as I felt exactly the same way when I first started but over time, especially with all the positive comments from total strangers on this forum, I am getting more confident about what I'm doing.
Yes you know where your mistakes are but it's your unique piece of work and every piece you make is different and special. I also see others work and think that there's is better but likewise others you think mmmm maybe I'm not so bad lol....
Anyway keep the great work
Dave
P.s I have sent you a few private messages about suppliers....
Trav

Reply with quote  #7 
I think it looks great. Nice cuts. I know the feeling, I tend to judge myself pretty harshly as well.
Keith Harrison

Reply with quote  #8 
Nice looking set. I've made a couple of these sets but they are not as good as this one. Love the wheels. The plywood gives a great tread look.
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #9 
This set is a perfect example of an all natural wood toy set. Well done!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.