Author   Comment  
Banjo57G

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi,
The first photo is a wooden vice I made up so I can hold all of my home made jig I have made over the years. The next two photos are showing how I hold square and round blanks in the wheel making jig so they can be drilled. The last two photos shows how they turn out with the holes through the centre.

Wooden Vice set up for the Drill Press.jpg Wheel jig holding a square block for drilling.jpg Wheel Jig holds dowel so you can drill through the centre.jpg Square block after been drilled.jpg What the Dowel is like after been held in the wheel jig.jpg 
Cheers Graham.

Udie

Reply with quote  #2 
Bango57G (Graham) - Thanks for posting your special jig for the drill press, showing how it works and the results you get. I guess I'll have to go the workshop and make one for myself.
Banjo57G

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi Udie,
   Yes that jig came in handy holding wheels and other things. I sick of holding things by hand and trying to drill through them and timber spinning out of my hands like dowel and that is why I made that jig. 
Cheers Graham.
Muskokamike

Reply with quote  #4 
I might also.....just one thing: when you're cutting your V notches make sure they are 100% dead bang 90 degrees...if they are off 1/2 a degree so will all your axle holes........

Banjo: Did you cut these on the table saw with the blade set at 45 degrees? Did you use your mitre gauge or the rip fence as a guide? I have a small bit of play in my mitre slot so I couldn't use that......
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.