Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
Tony

Reply with quote  #16 
Very well done. Your paint job looks great. Thanks for sharing.

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #17 
Farsider-you have really raised the bar for creativity. The Santa theme is hilariously fantastic and the workmanship is beautiful. Well done my friend.
FarsiderCarvings

Reply with quote  #18 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony
Very well done. Your paint job looks great. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you, Tony. 

I didn't have any chrome or silver metallic paint for the exhaust so I stopped by the hobby store to pick some up. I can of Candy Apple metallic paint caught my eye and I couldn't resist. It's hard to see the sparkle in the pictures. The color reminds me of the finish on Corvettes back in the 70s.  

FarsiderCarvings

Reply with quote  #19 

Quote:
Originally Posted by john lewman
Farsider-you have really raised the bar for creativity. The Santa theme is hilariously fantastic and the workmanship is beautiful. Well done my friend.

Thanks, John. I think that once I make a bag of toys to go into the trailer, the whole theme will really come together. 

FarsiderCarvings

Reply with quote  #20 
Shock Hog Version II

A.jpg  B.jpg I didn't like the design on the fenders for the bike build. I bumped one with my elbow after the build and it broke one of the fenders off the bike. They are almost 6" long and only had about an inch of glue up to the 1/4" material frame. 
I instead made the fender 1 1/2" x 1 7/8" instead of the 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" the design called for. I then notched the fender to go around the 1/4" frame and the upper part of the wing is actually glued to the block that makes up the rear end of the bike body. 
This change did not block the view of the exhaust which is a great feature to the build.  
The next build, I may actually dowel the fenders with 1/4" dowels that go through the block body. This will also make alignment of the 2 fenders easier. 

john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #21 
This is an important improvement and very creative. Thanks!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.