Author   Comment  
Sarge

Reply with quote  #1 
Haven't really had time to sit and post pictures here yet, so this is my just finished Toobye puzzle truck from the Snazzy Scroll Saw Toymaker book. There was a great sale on the Toymaker library of books a few weeks back and I bought them all. Really happy with what I purchased. Now, on to the truck. I had planed a 2x4 i was using for the build down to a little too narrow for the little peg person in the plan and didn't realize it until I was ready for that part. So I thought about it a couple days and had an idea, that truck looks like Pacman! My kids love the game and the cartoon series on Netflix. I made the controller handle and put it where the peg man would be. Next, I ordered pacman stickers from eBay, and I had enough to do the puzzle blocks as well as the truck and trailer. The pictures aren't the best, and its not an exotic hardwood piece with perfect finishing, but I really think they'll enjoy it. I hope you all enjoy it as well! Not sure why the pictures are coming in strange, I linked them straight from photobucket  photo IMAG7367_zps2ydte8xo.jpg  photo IMAG7366_zpsohns2lgg.jpg  photo IMAG7364_zpsaldpoy84.jpg  photo IMAG7361_zps6pnxow4e.jpg  photo IMAG7355_zps2rhkb2db.jpg

Reply with quote  #2 
now that is just to cool. If they don't like it you can send it to my grandson LOL

That looks like you had a fun time building it and thinking outside the box as well.
That is why I like seeing the toy's we build here as we all have our little take on things and tweak them with our own little designs.

Thanks for sharing .....

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #3 
I like the creative art for the truck and puzzle blocks. This is the best I have seen for this toy. The new driver design is a great improvement! Wish I had thought of that.
ctowne

Reply with quote  #4 
This is a really cute toy.  great job
Cindy
Sarge

Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks for the kind words everyone. The 3D stickers were actually made to be stick-on inlay for a bass guitar. They worked well. I really enjoy this community and hope to be of help where I can.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.