Author   Comment  
Bucko

Reply with quote  #1 
I was thinking of ideas to add as Cargo for the Really Wood Lumber Truck and upon going through my Books I came across this Loader and I thought the build of it would really add to the Really Wood Trucks as it seemed the visual look of it was perfect for the set.
    I scaled the Loader to 75% to allow it to fit on the bed of the Lumber Truck, the build was going along great till the test fit of the linkage from the rear wheels to the bucket arms.The fit was good but the idea is that linkage would move the bucket up and down as the Loader was pushed forward. 
    The problem came when I went to push the loader, no back wheels turned and no movement on the bucket[confused]. Seems when I pushed down on the rear of the loader all worked as planned but not w/o applying downward force would the bucket move up and down.
     I thought for a play toy the rear wheels should move as a push toy so I eliminated the up/down linkage and now have a Loader that the wheels turn properly when pushed. enjoy the pics of my build [smile]
  loader1_opt.jpg 
  loader2_opt.jpg  loader3_opt.jpg  loader4_opt.jpg  loader5_opt.jpg

Rod T

Reply with quote  #2 
Hey Nice job Bucko.
This looks like a case of theory is fine, but reality is different. 
The parts would probably have to be drilled to exact measurements for this to work as on the plan. 

You overcame it pretty well though and it matches in well with the truck.

Cheers
Rod T

Bucko

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks for the post Rod, I did give the linkage a good try though by trying alternating individual sides but the bind just couldn't be overcome by casual pushing and I even used the dividers to layout the holes. But all in all its a good play toy to be used.
ctowne

Reply with quote  #4 
It's a good addition to your truck even if that movement didn't work.  Looks good.
ed357sw

Reply with quote  #5 
This works well for the truck. Good find.

You know this would be a good fit for the loader that I see running around from Home Depot, and Lowes.
They have a loader/forklift type of thing hanging off the back of the trucks... They have 2 wheels on front and a single wheel on the back

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #6 
very tight and professional work Bucko. Congrats on a beautiful build.
BadBob

Reply with quote  #7 
What is the book title?
Pinterest
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

Bucko

Reply with quote  #8 
pm sent on book
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.