You can easily make our wood toys with
these plans and common tools & supplies.
toymakingplans.com
View Cart
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All 

ToymakingPlans.com Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News 

About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum 

for Wood Toy Toymakers View 

Cart
ToymakingPlans.com Bargain Basement $3 Wood Toy Plans (Reg. $4.95-$19.95)! Sign Up with 

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive 5 Free Play Pals Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with ToymakingPlans.com and Receive Free Freightliner Semi Truck Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with 

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive the Free Famous Mercedes Lorry Truck Wood Toy Plan Set
Tips for downloading & 

using PDF plans
Shop All Full-Size Wood Toy Plans
TOY PLANS CATEGORIES:

All Major Credit Cards 

Accepted
Paypal Account
NOT REQUIRED

For Credit Card Orders

ToymakingPlans.com Guarantee

Author   Comment  
craigrozema

Reply with quote  #1 
finished the tractor but not the trailer yet.  ill get around to it.  for some reason this plan really made me think, it looked so simple on the outside but with the tools i had tested me.  the kenworth is there for scale. im also playing with a new photobooth for better quality pictures P1040275.jpg  P1040276.jpg  P1040277.jpg  P1040278.jpg  P1040279.jpg  P1040280.jpg 
BadBob

Reply with quote  #2 
Your photos are looking great.

A couple of tips.

Drape your backdrop (if you can), so there is no sharp corner. It makes it less visible and distributes the light better.

You can adjust the background so that it is white instead of grey and get rid of some shadows. In Gimp open the levels tool and click on the white levels picker (eye dropper) the click on a darker shadow in the background. Now click on the number next to the white color picker and make adjustments until it looks good to you. Page up or down moves it 10 points. The arrow keys change it one point. You can use the scroll button too.

Most if not all photo editors have some way to do this, but it may be called a different name or look a bit different.

What you are doing is adjusting or compensating the white balance not having a setting for LEDs. I'm betting that your camera doesn't have a way to configure the white balance for LEDs so the auto white balance can only get close. My new Canon T7i doesn't have LED white balance.

Pinterest
Google+
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

john lewman

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks craigrozema and BadBob for sharing your outstanding toymaking skills.
craigrozema

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBob
Your photos are looking great.

A couple of tips.

Drape your backdrop (if you can), so there is no sharp corner. It makes it less visible and distributes the light better.

You can adjust the background so that it is white instead of grey and get rid of some shadows. In Gimp open the levels tool and click on the white levels picker (eye dropper) the click on a darker shadow in the background. Now click on the number next to the white color picker and make adjustments until it looks good to you. Page up or down moves it 10 points. The arrow keys change it one point. You can use the scroll button too.

Most if not all photo editors have some way to do this, but it may be called a different name or look a bit different.

What you are doing is adjusting or compensating the white balance not having a setting for LEDs. I'm betting that your camera doesn't have a way to configure the white balance for LEDs so the auto white balance can only get close. My new Canon T7i doesn't have LED white balance.

Thanks Badbob ill play around with it today a bit. I have gimp but haven't used it much. and my camera is just a mid grade camera and its probably 7 years old so I bet your right and it has no idea what an LED light is
john lewman

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #5 
BadBob, you are literally a walking encyclopedia. Thanks for taking the time to share.
BadBob

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigrozema

Thanks Badbob ill play around with it today a bit. I have gimp but haven't used it much. and my camera is just a mid grade camera and its probably 7 years old so I bet your right and it has no idea what an LED light is

It took me weeks to figure out what was going on.

You might find instances where you need a gray background. Like this, for example. If I made the background white, you would not be able to see part of the fenders.

20181213-110313 Handmade Wooden Toy Car Bad Bob's Custom Motors Coupe .jpg 
I manually set my aperture F13 (F-Stop) an ISO 100 and let everything else run on automatic.  I use a macro lens and always shoot off a tripod using a timer. From the distance I am shooting from, I get a depth of field that has everything in focus to the backdrop. Sharp focus is what want for product photography.

I still shoot with my Panasonic pocket camera and with my cell phone. They will shoot angles that I can't get with larger cameras. I use this mainly for artistic shots like what I like to call the "Hokey Pokey" shot. The depth of field is narrow with only the front of the car being in focus because I can't get the camera to do what I want. According to the experts, this is not the way to product photos. However, everywhere I post one of these it will get lots of views. 

20171211-130005 - Wooden Toy Car - Hot Rod Freaky Ford - 1932 Ford Sed.jpg 
Learning the photography side of things is as much fun as building the toys. 

Pinterest
Google+
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

BadBob

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by john lewman
BadBob, you are literally a walking encyclopedia. Thanks for taking the time to share.

I like sharing when I can. Mostly what happens is that I get started on something I know a little about and it just starts tumbling out. 

It's a good thing I can't type good our you might get flooded.  [biggrin]

Pinterest
Google+
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Noah's Animal Cracker Ark Wood Toy Plan Set
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum for Wood Toy Toymakers Contact Us
  how to download toy plans royalty free policy toy safety privacy policy about us