Author   Comment  
kenbod

Reply with quote  #1 
Here are some of the toys I have made using your plans. Plans are easy to follow and very informative.
I look forward to any comments and hope to gain some ideas from other members. IMG_0875.jpg IMG_0877.jpg IMG_0875.jpg IMG_0881.jpg IMG_0884.jpg 
IMG_0871.jpg IMG_0873.jpg

Reply with quote  #2 
Great job on the construction of these beautiful items!  Just curious to know what paint you used?  Are the pieces painted before assembly?  I would think so... but I am a novice.

Thank you!
kenbod

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi Valery
Thanks for your response, The paint I use is acrylic water based. paint. It is a cheap paint at approx.2 Euro for 200ml. I mix my own shades and try to paint obscure areas before construction. The joy of seeing a toy transformed by colours makes it all worthwhile. The toys are all brush painted except for a final coat of clear gloss finish. I have only been making toys for 8 months so still learning and seeking help from others. All toys are made from reclaimed construction timber offcuts from my sons building company.  

Reply with quote  #4 
Good set of toys.  these should make someone happy. 
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #5 
Hi Ken,

Somehow I missed these! Nice work and an impressive set. Keep us posted on any new toy projects you are working on. It's great to have you participating on the Forum.
Dalboy

Reply with quote  #6 
A nice collection of wooden toys and certainly colourful

Reply with quote  #7 
Kenbod
Good jog Ken - great workmanship and paint job.
Thanks for posting.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.