Author   Comment  
Bostonwindows30

Reply with quote  #1 
Anyone use Regular stain on any toys, I have done a few 33 fords and the stain looks incredible, but is it safe??? I also used polyurethane...

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpg, Views: 84, Size: 805.41 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpg, Views: 84, Size: 619.07 KB 

Udie

Reply with quote  #2 
Bostonwindows30

Here are two links to Forum topics that may interest you.

Staining Wheels and Play Pal MakeOver

Bostonwindows30

Reply with quote  #3 
Perfect, great stuff.. What's your thoughts on polyurethane?? Is it safe?? I like the shine!!
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #4 
All USA manufactured polyurethane finishes are non-toxic when dry and make an ideal toy finish. Baby teethers must be made with smooth-sanded (400 girt paper) hard maple with no finishes applied. It is the only wood we recommend for teethers. Most all others will splinter over time when chewed. 

Bostonwindows30

Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks John I made 10 of them with stain and look look pretty good, not as good at it yet as you and a lot of people on here, but certainly enjoy it!!
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #6 
You certainly have a talent for creating beautiful toys. The photos of toys you posted are a fine example of clean craftsmanship. We would enjoy seeing more of your creations. Thanks for sharing.
Bostonwindows30

Reply with quote  #7 
Thank you John- I will post more, love doing it, it's a lot of fun... I have seen a lot of your projects and they are amazing!!!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.