Author   Comment  
Dalboy

Reply with quote  #1 
Thought I would show what I do with all the offcuts and odd bits of thin stock that I accumulate which are too small for the wood store.
I found on Freecycle here in the Uk a plans draw unit which has five draws well four of them have been used to store any wood related bits mainly small bits of wood and my pen blanks.

1st draw pen blanks

[DSCF5457_zpsgcoke1ox] 

2nd is odd bits of dowel rods woodworking catalogues and synthetic leather for making rocking horse seats

[DSCF5456_zpse94t8xxc] 

3rd draw this is very thin stock the kind that you find in a model shop for making model boats

[DSCF5455_zpsjp1g2atc] 

4th draw all the small off cuts from past toy and other projects ideal for when you just need that little piece

[DSCF5454_zpskwmwtqyv] 

The fifth draw is just junk stuff at the moment. Each draw measures 4ft across and a goo 2 1/2ft front to back they are only pulled out part of the way.

How do you store all of your small pieces

Reply with quote  #2 
Great idea for storing small pieces. I have many dowels and wheels, not sure where to put it all. I may have to start looking around for something like this. Thanks

Russ
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #3 
This looks like a surgeon's storage system. I am going to do this. Thanks for sharing!
Dalboy

Reply with quote  #4 
When I get time I may get some MDF and divide the draws up into sections and sort the wood out into type and possibly sizes depending the type of scrap it is and even sizes but that will be when I get a quite moment. 
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.