Author   Comment  
joepeto

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi folks,
     I've made some toys from Toymakingplans "Super Simple Play Pals" and I am adding a couple of photos to the Forum. I decided to make them in two sizes as you can see in the pictures. I hope you all like it. Hugs. Joepeto

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: SD531210.JPG, Views: 104, Size: 121.23 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: SD531219.JPG, Views: 94, Size: 122.23 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: SD531220.JPG, Views: 87, Size: 121.64 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: SD531221.JPG, Views: 95, Size: 122.07 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: SD531238.JPG, Views: 96, Size: 119.85 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: SD531239.JPG, Views: 94, Size: 120.53 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: SD531246.JPG, Views: 89, Size: 114.49 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: SD531248.JPG, Views: 92, Size: 119.06 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: SD531249.JPG, Views: 96, Size: 119.79 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: SD531253.JPG, Views: 87, Size: 117.03 KB 

Udie

Reply with quote  #2 
joepeto
What a wonderful fleet of Play Pals painted and unpainted.
This plan set seems to draw toy makers to make design modifications. Love it!
I really like the recessed wheels, I'll have to borrow that idea from you for sure.
Then I see you added front and rear bumpers to the bus.
Or is the front one a grill? - excellent idea.
Now lets talk about the BatCar ... are those painted flames or a thin piece of wood cut/painted and glued to the sides - it was hard for me to tell from your photo, anyway it looks great.
So, my friend, how about telling us what wood you used and what paints you used, that would really be of interest to our member and guests. Thanks.

Ken Martin

Reply with quote  #3 
Nice job joepeto
phantom scroller

Reply with quote  #4 
Joepeto your certainly up and running on those they look great. thanks for showing.

https://www.facebook.com/Scrollsaw-Woodworker-578378898839152/
osni chioveto

Reply with quote  #5 
Oi Joepeto
Parabéns pelas fotos, adorei a frota.
Diga-me uma coisa, você consegue com facilidade o Pinus, se sim, qual a espessura que você consegue?
Um abraço

Translated:

Hi Joepeto Congratulations for the photos, I loved the fleet. Tell me something, you can do it with ease the Pinus, if yes, how thick you got? A hug

I think Osni is referring to Pine when he says Pinus - Udie

joepeto

Reply with quote  #6 
Hi folks,

Thanks to Udie, Ken, Phantom Scroller and Osni for the comments.

Here are more details:

Udie - I appreciated that you liked the recessed wheels. Feel free to use the idea, thanks.
I used ordinary craft paint: PVA based white paint as primer and acrylic paint in colors. I've sanded smoothly between coatings (as needed).
In front of the bus I put a grill (in fact it was to hide an accident with the recessed wheel). I've attached other photos from the bus showing the grill.
The flames were painted. I've also attached more photos from bat car.
The woods I've used were: pine "pinus elliottii" very used in Brazil to make toys and crafts, the other wood is called "Cedro vermelho", it is a very soft wood and nice to work on it. I've got some reclaimed wood from a friend of mine. I don't know its name or equivalence in the USA. 

Osni - O pinus é facilmente encontrado em qualquer madeireira. Você deve pedir tábua ou sarrafo bem seco e aparelhado. As bitolas mais comuns são: 2,5 x 10 cm (espessura x largura) para sarrafos e 2,5 x 20 cm para tábuas. Geralmente o comprimento varia de 3 a 4 metros.

Translation by Udie

Osni-pinus is easily found in any lumberyard. You must ask for Board or very dry Batten and equipped. The most common sizes are: 2.5 x 10 cm (thickness x width) to battens and 2.5 x 20 cm for boards. Usually the length varies from 3 to 4 metres.

Hugs,
Joepeto

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: SD531250.JPG, Views: 31, Size: 111.54 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: SD531251.JPG, Views: 31, Size: 112.85 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: SD531252.JPG, Views: 32, Size: 111.95 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: SD531256.JPG, Views: 39, Size: 115.24 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: SD531257.JPG, Views: 40, Size: 113.43 KB 

Udie

Reply with quote  #7 
Joepeto
Thank you for the excellent reply to my questions.
It is really good information for our members and guests.
Now I see more clearly the purpose for the grill and bumper.
No one needs to know the reason but us, thanks for sharing and showing how to save a project with a repair or modification to the base design.

Side Note: I hope this is what you were referring to Joepeto.
PVA - Poly(vinyl acetate) ... Just to let the member/guests know ... it is a common component used in our white and yellow carpenters glue.
Also used in drywall primer. It is latex based (water cleanup) and seals the pores in drywall.
It sticks to most materials and allows a top coat (paint) to go on smooth after sanding.
It can also be tinted with craft paints.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.