Author   Comment  
george_simitis

Reply with quote  #1 
Hello! i liked the colour selection as suggested in the plans so i paint it the same way. Its pretty big and light at the same time.
I built it with 8mm thick wood instead of 6mm so some adjustments had to be made and i had to abandon the idea of floating but its ok

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_20200730_162817.jpg, Views: 30, Size: 452.45 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_20200730_162944.jpg, Views: 33, Size: 402.61 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_20200730_162931.jpg, Views: 30, Size: 373.38 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_20200730_162904.jpg, Views: 29, Size: 374.71 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_20200730_162800.jpg, Views: 31, Size: 359.61 KB 

flamepainter

Reply with quote  #2 
You did a great job on this yacht George. The craftsmanship is very nice. I have been looking at this and a couple other boats plans for a few months but haven't bought them yet. This one came out great. Good job on the pictures also.[thumb]
Jim
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #3 
You did a beautiful job on the yacht, George. This is a build that requires some skill and you completed it with style. I am impressed that you used 8mm wood and still made an accurate build. Thanks for the fine photos for all of us to enjoy.
george_simitis

Reply with quote  #4 
Jim and john i'm glad you liked it, it means a lot
Wombat

Reply with quote  #5 
Hello george.
You have done an excellent job of this little boat. Fit and finish have to be exact if there are to be no leaks, and other than perhaps the omission of ballast, I cannot see why this one would not float well.
george_simitis

Reply with quote  #6 
Wombat i agree. It's that particular precision thing that i'm most worried about!
Peter V

Reply with quote  #7 

"the proof of the pudding is in the eating"  .... so get a bucket of water and let the boat float.

It is wood, so it will float. 

Reply with quote  #8 
Great work George. I like your combination of painted and natural wood finish.
george_simitis

Reply with quote  #9 
Peter V maybe it is simple as that! Bob thanks, glad you liked it
Wombat

Reply with quote  #10 
george,  as long as the seams of the hull were well sealed with a fillet of glue before you put the top on, a little imprecision will not hurt
george_simitis

Reply with quote  #11 
Wombat i guess you are right so ill have to give it a try
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.