Author   Comment  
Willem

Reply with quote  #1 
How many of you guys use superglue when you build a toy? Does it work well or not?
Bourbon

Reply with quote  #2 
I had to use super glue for the two smallest trucks, as They were so small, I couldn't get clamps and normal glue on them! bestfourtruck.jpg 
PaPa Jack

Reply with quote  #3 
Never had a thought of using anything other than Titebond wood glue.  Now sure why you would want to but it guess it would work.  Harder to use in my opinion and difficult tp get off
BadBob

Reply with quote  #4 
I'm sure there will be some here who use it. These are my reasons for not using it for my toys.

I don't use cyanoacrylate, aka Superglue. It is too brittle when it is cured, and my experience tells me that the joint is going to fail long term. It is also quite dangerous lots of people are burned or otherwise injured when cyanoacrylate is spilled or splashed on them. I do have it in the shop and find it useful for something, but it is stored on a high shelf way out of reach of my grandson. Cyanoacrylate has a relatively short shelf life. So don't by it on clearance.

I almost forgot to mention that it has a very short working time. For most of my work, this is unacceptable.

Peter V

Reply with quote  #5 

I sometimes use CA-glue when I have to glue large pieces toghether. I use woodglue but let a little space in the middle open and there I put some CA. When the pieces are put together, it prevents this pieces from slipping (away).

I also heard the tip of using salt to prevent slipping. Never tried that one.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.