Author   Comment  
Bucko

Reply with quote  #1 
These 2 builds turned out very well and I'm very proud of both of these. The only bought items on this build are the wheels and axles as the rest of the wood came from my picking over the last 2 years of prime pallet type wood at my work location of which I believe is Oak,Ash and a type of Maple. 
  The wood's moisture content had dried out to allow me to work with it and I anxiously started my build as I've had these 2 plans waiting for that moment. These builds are very solid and feature 2" Duelly Wheels and I've tried to accent the plans with clean cuts and a proper use and finish of the woods. I had earlier stated I was using Veneer for the lights but I didn't like that and went to the scrap bin for some Box Alder which turned out great. The finish is a Clear Satin Polyurethane which featured Quick Drying.
  I have enough wood left to start tomorrow on the Really Wood Toys Semi-Truck to go with this build. Enjoy the pictures of my build of which I found out wasn't the easiest to photograph due to their size [smile] FullSizeRender.jpg 
  dozercarrier.JPG  crane01_opt.jpg  crane05_opt.jpg  combo1_opt.jpg    combo2_opt.jpg  combo3_opt.jpg  combo4_opt.jpg  combo5_opt.jpg  combo5_opt.jpg

john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #2 
This is just the best day ever. This is a beautiful, wonderful set of photos and I am so happy I could shout. I created these over five years ago and this is the finest crafted set I have seen in a long time. I really appreciate what you did with balancing the front of the super hauler. And the crane is so perfectly done it looks as if you used machine tools to shape it. The photos are also premium. I bow to you.
ctowne

Reply with quote  #3 
Those are great.  Love the woods and finish.  Lots of fun in those trucks. 
Cindy
Rod T

Reply with quote  #4 
Nice set of toys Bucko. That satin poly gives a really nice finish.
Thanks for sharing the photos.

Cheers
Rod T
Shady

Reply with quote  #5 
You've got every right to be pleased with them Bucko they look great.
Clear Satin Polyurethane finish -I might give that a try myself
Don't know why you were concerned about the photos looks like these two might be in their natural environment and ready for work.
Shady
Bucko

Reply with quote  #6 
Thanks for all the replies, I appreciate all of them and I'm seeing what ya mean Shady on the ready for work environment. Another big positive is that the plan creator is happy with the results and a builder can't top that.
Camnight

Reply with quote  #7 
well done they look great.

George
dastoymaker

Reply with quote  #8 
Fantastic job on the build. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Pallet wood is really nice looking once you get it cleaned up.

Russ
gsmith89

Reply with quote  #9 
Nice build Bucko I like the way the pallet would turned out.
Bucko

Reply with quote  #10 
Once again Thanks for the replies very much appreciated.
wwalker47

Reply with quote  #11 
These look really good I certainly didn't realize just how big they are.

Thanks for sharing.

My saw is a DeWalt788
Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut
Bucko

Reply with quote  #12 
Bill ,These are physically impressive vehicles and the Dozer/ Hauler plan is a real bargain in the Bargain Basement Plan Sale.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.