Author   Comment  
Udie

Reply with quote  #1 
Tape Measure – Fractional Breakdown Photo 1 and 2 shows the fractional breakdown of a standard tape measure. Photo 3 shows a tape measure with both imperial and metric measurements with the addition of fractions. This type of tape measure is commonly available at any hardware store. To use the tape measure that has both metric and imperial measurements sometimes can be really hard. It always seems the scale you want to use is on the wrong edge. It might be time to buy a metric only tape measure. This way when you are marking your wood to taking measurements you can easily read and transfer you cut mark from either side of the tape

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: 422.jpeg, Views: 47, Size: 41.51 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: 423.jpeg, Views: 49, Size: 45.67 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: 424.jpeg, Views: 46, Size: 88.34 KB 

Liz Crawford

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Udie,
Babysitting my new grandchild and waiting for her to go back to sleep-has the colic or something. It's been busy and I haven't had time to visit the forum but wow! It is really improving. And now you are a Staff Member. You should be very proud. This is growing into a tidy neat forum. I like that. Thanks again for your tape measure posts. It helps a non-techie like me so much. I haven't had time for toys this summer but now grandkids are going back to school so I'm getting ready to start Christmas puzzles. I am glad to see that you are a staff member on the forum. You posts are great. Hope all is well with you. L

Udie

Reply with quote  #3 
Liz - Thanks for the compliments. Yes i am very excited about my new relationship with Toymakingplans.com and John and Cynthia are super nice to work with. The Forum is maturing quite well as you can see and the WTN is another great source of info. It will become a valuable place to come to for ideas and help. More grandkids good for you. I am still waiting, right now all I have is a granddog. I see in your other post the truck brought back some memories of the good-old-days. If you would like to see some info on other topics or questions important to you, feel free to post your requests and I am sure the Forum Community will jump in to assist you. You can always reach me at udris@cogeco.ca also.
Udie

Reply with quote  #4 
KJL1951: Great post and I share your pain. Take a look at the post I did discussing "The Imperial verses Metric dilemma". I have attached the link for your convenience. This mish-mash of wood thickness's available also contributes to routing problems and turn requires special non common router bits.
Wood Sizes around the Globe - The Imperial verses Metric dilemma
Udie
phantom scroller

Reply with quote  #5 
I also feel the pain in the UK with measurements all our drawings at work require heat shrink in 4 foot lengths and  they order heat shrink in metres and it comes in 1 metre lengths so loads of wasted bits so ended up ordering it on a roll thus saving loads. Just have to think of ways around it.[wink]

https://www.facebook.com/Scrollsaw-Woodworker-578378898839152/
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.