Author   Comment  
shedbuddie

Reply with quote  #1 
Hello This is the tractor I made the rear wheels for in my previous post.
The bonnet/hood made from mahogany and (I think) boxwood sandwich together and the rest is mostly pine
109_0980.jpg  109_0981.jpg  109_0982.jpg  109_0983.jpg  109_0984.jpg  109_0985.jpg  Toolbox under seat and tow/tool bar and gear lever.

Field Marshall

Picture-2.jpg 

The first single-cylinder Field Marshall tractor to be introduced in 1930 was the Marshall 15/30.  Field Marshall tractors were commonly used to pull agricultural machinery such as threshing machines from site to site. Once in place, the Field Marshall tractor would be used as the powerplant for the threshing machine, the tractor's belt pulley coupled by a large flat drive belt to the threshing machine's pulley.

Willem

Reply with quote  #2 
What a beautiful tractor. I love it.
shedbuddie

Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willem
What a beautiful tractor. I love it.

Thanks Willem lovely tractor to build all built from photos. I used to live on a farm where there was a Field Marshall lovely old thing we called it a Pom Pom that's what it sound like when it ticking over.
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #4 
Another museum quality wood toy! You really turn out a lot of projects. This is a real beauty and quite a work of art. Thanks for sharing.
Wombat

Reply with quote  #5 
Simply magnificent!

Were the mudguards made from sections of a lathe-turned bowl?

Certainly not something I would give to a young child to play with as a toy, but an older one might appreciate it for the work of art it is.
shedbuddie

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by john lewman
Another museum quality wood toy! You really turn out a lot of projects. This is a real beauty and quite a work of art. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks John for your comments was nice tractor to build.[thumb]
shedbuddie

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombat
Simply magnificent!

Were the mudguards made from sections of a lathe-turned bowl?

Certainly not something I would give to a young child to play with as a toy, but an older one might appreciate it for the work of art it is.

Thanks Wombat for your comment. The mudguards were made on the lathe a 3/4" hole drilled in the center and cut in half then shaped.
johndrees

Reply with quote  #8 
that is a tractor

shedbuddie

Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by johndrees
that is a tractor

Thanks johndrees for your comment it was a good project to build
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.