Author   Comment  
Colin Marshall_Toymaker

Reply with quote  #1 
Completed these three puzzles. They are fun to do and quite challenging to get all of the pieces to fit properly. Rather than leaving them plain, I created a little scene for each one.Fighter jet puzzle.jpg  Jeep Puzzle.jpg  Tank Puzzle.jpg 

Colin Marshall - Toymaker
LeftFinger

Reply with quote  #2 
Colin Marshall you are a toymaker
Wombat

Reply with quote  #3 
Well done Colin!
The paintwork and background scenes lift them from the usual mass-produced stuff to a definite "one-off" original set.
flamepainter

Reply with quote  #4 
I agree, Colin. These are definitely one-of-a-kind. They look great and the workmanship is superb! Well done!
Jim
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #5 
This is some really nice work Colin. They look like they just came off the shelf from a premium toy store!
Colin Marshall_Toymaker

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by john lewman
This is some really nice work Colin. They look like they just came off the shelf from a premium toy store!

Whoa!!! Steady on John! That's a pretty strong statement, coming from you. I have the same standard of skills as most of the people on this forum. ( As usual, you've got me goin' again).

To get something looking this good is quite simple. The secret is to pay attention to detail! Patience and detail, that's the key. And if something is not to your liking, stop, re-evaluate, and start again. If you have a problem, stop, have a cup of tea and think on it for a solution. I have been known to stop a project for a week or more, until I am happy
with my thoughts on how next to proceed. I do make mistakes.

We are all crafts people, not commercial manufacturers. A lot of us are retired, so we are time wealthy. We can afford the luxury of time and patience.

The enjoyment of this hobby for me is in two stages. First the doing and second when the item is finished and you know for sure that you have done the best that you can muster up. In addition I get a kick out of people making complimentary statements such as yours. That inspires me. It encourages me. It make me proud. And so I go on and make the next item and keep the standard going. That's why we put our finished items up on this forum. For recognition, for encouragement, for inspiration and to inspire others.

CRIKEY, ....... I LOVE THIS HOBBY.

Colin Marshall - Toymaker
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.