My bench when I decided to call it a day.
Sanded all the shellac cars you see in the photo using a gray Scotch Brite pad and sand paper on a few bad spots like the one that got dropped while it was still wet. The Scotch Brite pad works a lot like steel wool but without all the little bits of steel
Re drilled one of my paint stands to make the holes deeper. I broke through the bottom in a few places so I glued on a piece of Masonite on the bottom. I started another stand out of MDF this time. I use MDF because it flat and it heavy. Should work better than the BC plywood I don't have enough of these. I'd love to have a table top with a grid of holes.
I glued exhaust pipes into the four painted bodies. These had very bad tear out between the holes but in spite of this I had to use the vise to press them home. I finally figured out that I only need a tiny drop of glue for the exhaust pipes. They fit so tight that I have to tap them in to get them started and then use a vise or clamp to press them in. I like using the vise for this because the pipes all com out even.
All four of the Painted bodies were sprayed with a Badger Anthem 155 airbrush and four different Behr house paint unthinned straight from the can.