Author   Comment  
ctowne

Reply with quote  #1 
Had some fun making the Toon Truck.  I've been experimenting with part paint and part natural and I think it looks very nice.  It is all poplar, painted and natural.  The wheels are not permanently on yet, I have not done any of the poly coats yet.  The front bumper area had an issue and it snapped off but I was able to just attached the dowels and it looks fine.  After painting the grill area I inserted some toothpicks so that natural wood highlight is in there.   

20160802_191629_resized.jpg 

john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #2 
This is so fun. The color combinations are beautiful. Every detail is perfect. I love it!
Lloyd

Reply with quote  #3 

Cindy I like how you have lifted the roof up what a good idea and the car looks brilliant and I like the colors. Very nice job you really do make a nice job of all your toys.

Bucko

Reply with quote  #4 
So this is what you've been building, I was curious of what was next to come. The truck is a great presentation of the Toon Truck and your details/ build are pretty darn precise. I'm really liking the paint and natural look also which calls for some patience for sure.
ed357sw

Reply with quote  #5 
Cindy,
This came out looking really good. I like the 2 tone look as well...

Thanks for sharing

Reply with quote  #6 
Cindy a great fun project big enough to stand little people in the cab [thumb][thumb].

https://www.facebook.com/Scrollsaw-Woodworker-578378898839152/
Tony

Reply with quote  #7 
Great paint job the combination of paint and natural looks great

Tony

Reply with quote  #8 
Great work Cindy.
I love the paint and natural wood combination.
I just bought this plan and was thinking of a combination of different woods, but now after seeing this I am re-thinking.
I was looking at the plans and was thinking the front bumper area could be a bit delicate and thinking of modifiying it, looks like you overcame this pretty well. Good idea with the tooth picks too.

Thanks for sharing this, it has given me some ideas.

Another on the "to do" list that I can't keep up with.

Cheers
Rod T

Lloyd

Reply with quote  #9 
If any body would like me to do some test renders with different colors just put the colors on Cindy post then I will post them back on here.
ctowne

Reply with quote  #10 
Thanks all -
There is another part showing in the photo - Turquoise, I will post that when it is assembled.  It will be the same mix of color and natural.  Doing it this way didn't take any longer than painting with two colors, just as an fyi. 

Lloyd if you do the colors I left the top accent piece off by accident.  I would have that colored red.  It is actually in the paint process now so I can add it. 
Miriam Janssen

Reply with quote  #11 
I love it, it is really beautiful!

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.