Author   Comment  
ssweet

Reply with quote  #1 
Well I was at an estate auction this past fall and got a good deal on several different types of wood working tools. I got home and was like now what am I going to do with all this stuff? Started searching the internet and found a sight called "toymakingplans" Well as they say the rest is history.

Started making a few of the plans for my grand kids and was an instant success! I have sense bought several plans and have a list to keep me busy for some time!! Here are a few pics of some of my attempts, most are from toymaking plans, IMG_0439.jpg   the bucket truck was derived for some of the plans I saw but made it for my sister in law that works at a local electric company.

I love reading the forum here and look forward to learning more from all of you. IMG_0296.jpg  IMG_0439.jpg

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_0353.jpg, Views: 55, Size: 77.86 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_0357.jpg, Views: 55, Size: 120.10 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_0364.jpg, Views: 54, Size: 125.91 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_0415.jpg, Views: 53, Size: 55.87 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_0430.jpg, Views: 53, Size: 56.22 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_0435.jpg, Views: 54, Size: 59.93 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_0437.jpg, Views: 54, Size: 89.99 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_0439.jpg, Views: 64, Size: 136.74 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_0280.jpg, Views: 63, Size: 86.37 KB 

john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #2 
Welcome to the forum! We are thrilled to have you as a new member and really appreciate the great photos of your incredible work. I must say that you have a tremendous amount of energy. That is quite a huge set of toys that you have created.

The bucket truck scene is priceless. What a wonderful heirloom. We look forward to seeing a lot more of your work. Please post more photos whenever you have time. We would enjoy seeing photos of your grandkids playing with the toys along with photos of your work area and how-to's about how you do so many toys so quickly. 

Thanks again for sharing.
ed357sw

Reply with quote  #3 
Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for sharing these great toy's.
I started down this road about 3yrs ago now. I love building things for the grandson and some other kids around the neighborhood.

You will find you can spend hours doing this lol
Please stop by often

[thumb]

Reply with quote  #4 
Here are a couple pics of the kiddos having some fun. They love helping to paint some of their toys! More to follow!! Also one of some works in progress IMG_0448.jpg  IMG_0446.jpg  IMG_0447.jpg  .

Reply with quote  #5 
Good looking bunch of toy's

I bet the kiddo's loved painting the toy's.
My 5 yr grandson ask me just yesterday if he could paint a toy. Looks like I'm gonna have to build a couple and let him have at it LOL

Thanks for sharing a great set of picture's

Reply with quote  #6 
Welcome!!! Nice looking set of toys. 
Cindy
phantom scroller

Reply with quote  #7 
Excellent toys and a great work force [wink] [thumb]

https://www.facebook.com/Scrollsaw-Woodworker-578378898839152/
ssweet

Reply with quote  #8 
They are the QA/Testing department for the most part!

Reply with quote  #9 
great toys. Have now got my Grand kids involved in painting, mind you we may see some psychedelic models.   But hope something rubs off on them and they carry on making. Trying to train them to use the tools, Scroll saw seems to be the best on thin wood.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.