Author   Comment  
Hambone

Reply with quote  #1 
Two items:  First, read and study the plans carefully. Recently I worked on the trailer/camper project.  I did not see the small hole on the back of the trailer that accepts the dowel to connect the camper until after the trailer ad been assembled.  Because of the configuration of the hole area I couldn't work it out so I filled the hole with a dowel and decided to make another camper, all because of this small oversight.  Now I have two campers and have yet to make the  trailer!  Second, several time s I have found that it is best to assemble the wheels before the fenders and, depending on the project, other small parts  to avoid the problem of poor fender alignment because these items get in the way.

Hambone
Udie

Reply with quote  #2 
Hambone - Plan review prior to building is always a good idea. Fender alignment, one of members posted a super solution to fender alignment. As soon as I find it I'll post a link for you. It is very simple method and quite brilliant.
   The 'Learn Member' on the Forum is part of the Forum Program Package. It is based on number of new topics posted on the Forum as well as then number of reply posts on the Forum by a member.
   It really does not have anything to do with one's personal history of woodworking, toy making and skill levels. 
   I will have to take a look at these classifications and post that - thanks for reminding me.
Udie

Reply with quote  #3 
Hambone - I found the Forum post I wanted to show you.
Dave Wester posted this on 10/05/14 in the 'How-to-Do's Tips & Tricks' titled 'Fat Fendered Freaky Ford/Fender Jig'.
Here is the link ... Fat Fendered Freaky Ford/Fender Jig
I think his post might just be the solution you are looking for.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.