Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
Banjo57G

Reply with quote  #16 
Hi Laurie Smith,
Great work on toys. They all are nice design and well made toy and very nice colours.
Keep up the great toy making looking forward seeing your next lot of toys.
Cheers Graham.
pdaunno

Reply with quote  #17 
Great job Laurie!  Thanks for sharing with us!

Reply with quote  #18 
Nice lot of toys, nice colours Great Work well done. George
Muskokamike

Reply with quote  #19 
Hey laurie: don't knock your work...ever! They are great toys, that is toys meant to be played with as opposed to the shelf queens a lot of us build.....I posted on my FB page just the other day when someone said how nice my plane looked: I said "good thing I don't have a son else he'd want to play with it" lol

Oh, as for not ever knocking your work, never compare it to anyone else's either...because no matter how good we think we are, or how good something else appears to us, there is ALWAYS someone or something better out there.....and for one thing, your creations look awesome!!!

As for keeping up with demand. I worked in a production cabinet shop so I might be able to give some advice how to streamline your work flow. If you want some pointers, I'll be more than happy to help where I can.....

Two things a very smart man told me:
1) if you have to measure something more than once, make a template
2) if you have to make more than one of something, make a jig.

I can't tell you how many hours those two pieces of advice saved me...literally in the thousands.....
Udie

Reply with quote  #20 
Muskokamike - Love the smart man sayings - I wish I would have thought of those, I could have used them in my 'pdf's'. I have to remember them, and for sure announce that I got the saying from you.
JTalbot

Reply with quote  #21 
Nice job! I like the colors!
Jeremy

Reply with quote  #22 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Udie
Muskokamike - Love the smart man sayings - I wish I would have thought of those, I could have used them in my 'pdf's'. I have to remember them, and for sure announce that I got the saying from you.

My favourite is: even a broken clock is correct twice a day! haha
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.