Author   Comment  
Banjo57G

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi,

It has been awhile since I have put some toys on the forum. I have been busy build these few toys. I have no plans at the moment for them as they are all built from the head. I have all the parts in a pad and I am going to have go drawing up some plans. I don't know how the plans will turn out as I'm not that great at doing plans but will give it ago. Now that these toys are finished I working on 8 men on pull along bikes. I have two men on bikes in my photos on here. I think they turned out alright straight from the top of the head. The train is 850mm long by 170mm high by 100mm wide and the steam roller is 180mm long by 78mm wide by 170mm high.

Graham.

Little Blue Train with face (front veiw).jpg
 Little Blue Train with face (side veiw).jpg Little Yellow Train with face (front veiw).jpg Little Yellow Train with face (side veiw).jpg Steam Roller (front veiw).jpg Steam Roller (side veiw).jpg

john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #2 
These are really special toys and the finish is outstanding. How did you achieve that? Feel free to post any of your toys in this section. The forum now has no limits on file uploads. Thanks for sharing!
Peter B

Reply with quote  #3 
Love the train and roller
The face on the train got my attention. How did achieve it, cause its outstanding
Banjo57G

Reply with quote  #4 
Hi John,

How I painted the trains. The cabins on the engine and the end carriage they were put together but not attached to the base. The boiler had two 6mm dowels attached to the underside so it can be put on later.
The base for the wheels had the holes drill for the axle I put it together but not attach to the train. For the cabins and the wheel bases I used a nail of the same size that I was using to drill holes so I could attach them late after being painted. All the other wagons were done the same way much easier to paint and after they were attach all had to do is paint the parts that needed to painted. The boiler I put the glue on the bottom and in the dowel holes and push it on. The eyes on the trains I painted them by using dried out old felt pens which are good for that. I painted the top part of steam roller free hand and the wheels and the wheel supports I painted them separate. The rollers were made from 60mm dowel and they have a steel axles. The paint I used kid safe oil base gloss enamel. I hope I haven't forgot anything.

Graham.
Banjo57G

Reply with quote  #5 
Hi Peter B,

Thanks for compliment. I use a plug hole bit to do the eyes and a Dremel to do the mouth and I use a piece of dowel for nose. I think I have other trains with faces in my photos on here.

Graham.
ctowne

Reply with quote  #6 
Very cute. 
xihunter

Reply with quote  #7 
Very nice building and painting![thumb]
Tony

Reply with quote  #8 
Very creative, love the paint job.

Tony

Reply with quote  #9 
Very cute.  Love the smile face on the train.
Brian Lambert

Reply with quote  #10 
Fantastic work. Like the others, love the face on the train!
Shady

Reply with quote  #11 
Hi There
This looks like it was a bit of fun to do. I really like the the roller. Would it be alright if I use your idea to build something similar myself?
And thank you for all the construction details I'm sure there are a couple of things there I can use in the future.
Cheers  -  Shady
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.