Author   Comment  
rdredge

Reply with quote  #1 
I made these using select pine, ash, oak and popular. They are part of the Quick & Easy Farm Tractor with Animals set.

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpg, Views: 111, Size: 965.84 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpg, Views: 112, Size: 1.05 MB 

ctowne

Reply with quote  #2 
These are very nice.  I love natural wood toys the best, great wood choices.  Did you bake the wheels a little or did they just darken up with the finish?
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks for the post. These are perfectly executed. Wow! Could you post more photos of these from different angles and one with hands so it is easier to see the scale? Do you have any suggestions on how to best make this toy if a quantity was to be made at one time?
ed357sw

Reply with quote  #4 
good looking set. I will have to make sure my 4 year old boss (grandson) does not see these LOL

Reply with quote  #5 
Thank you for nice comments!

Cynthia, I did not bake the wheels, just darkened up with your bees wax toy finish. I also Ike the natural wood the best too. I only painted play pals and dinosaurs.

John, here are photos from different angles. I took pictures at table level for scale with the soup can.

When I did this I made two. No real suggestions, but I glued on like pieces on both at the same time. I guess saved a little time on figuring on where I wanted them placed. The first wagon I made several months ago I glued the bottom piece to low and it sat down on the axles so the wheels wouldn't turn. On the next ones I put a 1/4 inch piece of wood on top of the axles and then set the wagon piece on it to glue. This way I had enough clearance for the wheels to easily turn.

ed357sw, I'm sure your grandson would like them. I have sold several of this set and the buyers have said kids loved them.

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpg, Views: 31, Size: 1.01 MB  Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpg, Views: 32, Size: 887.96 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpg, Views: 32, Size: 967.71 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpg, Views: 33, Size: 972.92 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpg, Views: 32, Size: 958.99 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpg, Views: 27, Size: 822.91 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpg, Views: 27, Size: 894.13 KB 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.