Author   Comment  
Udie

Reply with quote  #1 

Trailers for Play Pals - How to Make 4 types

This instructional article will demonstrate how to make four (4) trailer types shown below.
> Camper - from ToymakingPlans.com plan set - Woody Wagon & Trailer
> Boat and Trailer - from ToymakingPlans.com plan set - Snazzy Toys for Scrollsawers.
> Utility Trailer - simple custom workshop design.
> Long Flat Bet Trailer - super simple custom workshop design.

1 Trailers.jpg

6 Camper.jpg      13 Boat n Trailer.jpg      15 Utility 1 of 3.jpg      28 FlatBed 1of4.jpg 

The article will cover two (2) methods on how to scale down plan sets to a specific required size.
Construction hints on how to make a stronger trailer tongue and two (2) axle blocks.
Introduce the use of a different type of adhesive backed pin stripe.
An add-on play time accessory you can make and most likely find in your own back yard.
A couple sales strategies.

Please click on the photo link below for the downloadable PDF file to read.
1 Trailers.jpg 

Happy Toy Making Trailers
Imants Udris (Udie)

Ken Martin

Reply with quote  #2 
Great Job Udie
   This will sure give our members something to add a lot of life to the Play Pals.
The free plan John and Cynthia offer here at Toymakingplans.com just got a lot more moving plans, and all of us will be able to follow the trailer build using you great article.
Thanks a bunch.

Ken - Glad you liked it and there are more add-on ideas in the works - Udie

phantom scroller

Reply with quote  #3 
UDIE That's a very good PDF well illustrated and as soon as I find time I will make some thanks.
Roly - Thanks, and looking forward to seeing your car/trailer sets posted - Udie

https://www.facebook.com/Scrollsaw-Woodworker-578378898839152/
Udie

Reply with quote  #4 
Hello members - I have received a few e-mails asking about the coffee stir sticks I used when building the Long Flat Bet Trailer. Where did I get them?
Coffee Stir Sticks.jpg 
I picked these up at my local Dollar Store - quantity 150 for ... you guessed it $1.00.
These are 1/4" x 7" and just under 1/16" thick. There are so many possibilities where I can use these in my toy making, as accent pieces, bumpers, square head lights and tail lights and building panels etc.

When you get some free time, take a trip to you local Dollar/Thrift store and walk around and see what you will find that you can use in your workshop and apply to your toy making. You will be surprised what you will find. 
   Another thing I picked up today were a couple boxes of sliding zip top storage bags also called Slide Seal bags - great for all kinds of things. The large size are perfect for storing all the off cuts of dowels and thin pieces of wood. You know the ones, the ones you just can not throw in the garbage can and they are too small for the scrap bin - the ones you just have to keep for something.

I've got bags of pre-painted wheels of various sizes just waiting for a project.

BadBob

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Udie

Coffee Stir Sticks.jpg 
I picked these up at my local Dollar Store - quantity 150 for ... you guessed it $1.00.

Costco has these currently for $4.99 per 1000. Shipping included. I use them to stir paint and finish. I've been reviewing some old posts and strangely I found this one right after I had placed my order. Is some one watching me. [wink]

Pinterest
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

Bucko

Reply with quote  #6 
An interesting pdf on the Trailer’s , very good reading. Thanks for the refreshing post on the subject.
stonie

Reply with quote  #7 
the link to the trailer plans doesn't work anymore is there anywhere else to get them from please
BadBob

Reply with quote  #8 
I think this is what you are looking for. I save everything I think might be useful in the future. Things on the internet have a nasty habit of disappearing. I in inherited this trait from my grandmother. [biggrin]

Attached Files
pdf Trailers-for-Play-Pals.pdf (3.51 MB, 56 views)

Pinterest
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

stonie

Reply with quote  #9 
thank you for that BadBob that is it and yes the internet has a habit of losing things once again thankyou
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #10 
That was really decent of you BadBob Thank you for all your support over many years.
BadBob

Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by john lewman
That was really decent of you BadBob Thank you for all your support over many years.

You welcome. Just trying to make it better for everybody where I can. A rising tide floats all ships.

Pinterest
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.