Author   Comment  
Greg Farr

Reply with quote  #1 
Me again

just started on this forum & have become addicted, so until I have uploaded all my projects I am afraid you are stuck with me.

My brother in-law asked if i could make him a Tripoli board, i have not done inlaying before so I purchase the Milescraft inlay kit, good system but I found that the only template I could use out of the pack was the heart, so I scroll sawed my own letters & number templates & it worked a treat.

The board is Victorian Ash the boarder is walnut & the hearts, letters & numbers are made of red gum, the gold kitty plate I only know it comes from Africa, this took me about 4 weeks to make.

IMG_0577.jpg  IMG_0578.jpg  IMG_0581.jpg

Trav

Reply with quote  #2 
Exquisite. If I might ask, how long have you been woodworking?
Greg Farr

Reply with quote  #3 
I have always worked with wood but it was never intricate like I am doing now, I made beds & bedside tables for a while but that's easy stuff, cut, sand, dowel together.

Then 5 years ago I decided to make an acoustic guitar so I booked a course & did it

I thought I would make guitars & ukulele's but you need stable temperature conditions for that & I only have a garage to work from so it all started from there about 4 years ago.

what about yourself
Trav

Reply with quote  #4 
Buying our home about 5 years ago started it for me. Starting as a DIYer began the power tool obsession and sparked my industrious side. From there I figured if I can renovate the house, I can also make the furniture that goes in it. Furniture making is not my favourite thing though. Then, not that long ago, my wife wanted a wooden block set for the kids but couldn’t find one she liked so I resolved to make one. In a very short time the toy making hobby kind of exploded :)
No formal training in woodworking but it pick it up pretty quickly and learn from lots of mistakes .
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #5 
I love this. Games are a lot of fun and this is a truly fine one!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.