Author   Comment  
Udie

Reply with quote  #1 
Udie's Peterbilt Trailer Mod - Flavour #2 - Log Hauling Trailer

Toymakingplans.com goes thru a lot of wood and is in need of a constant supply of wood. So, I built a Log Hauling Trailer to deliver wood to their local saw mill, which in turn, will be planked into boards to satisfy their constant demands.

This load just happens to be some Canadian Birch, which more than likely will be milled and used as a veneer on plywood's and some quality stock for furniture/cabinet making. Once delivered the truck and log hauling trailer will return to pick-up and deliver some fine Canadian Maple.

This build was made from the extra components from my original build which I bagged and tagged as extra parts and for additional builds.

Small World Peterbilt Truck Stop

IMG_5728 B.jpg

IMG_5734 B.jpg   
The modifications were quite basic. From the plan set I made another flat bet trailer and added the dowels along the edges.

In addition I added a red pin stripe on the truck from the radiator to the rear of the sleeper. The photo does not do it's detail justice, but does look great when you are holding it in your hands. The pin stripe is peel-n-stick automotive pin striping and after positioning it place, the edges and the pin stripe were coated with craft varnish. This seals the pin stripe in place and reduces the possibility of the pin stripe being removed during play.

Again, this build included the functioning Landing Gear for use when parking the empty or loaded trailer when not in use.  Below is a photo of the Landing Gear in the up position.

IMG_5697 B.jpg 

The Landing Gear pivot blocks were modified to only rectangular blocks.

Once again I added the Glittering Stickers as taillights, just for show.
The pro's and con's of using these Glittering Stickers is explained in the previous post titled "Udie's Peterbilt Trailer Mod - Flavour #1 - Tanker Trailer" so I will not repeat the text here. Here is the link to that post "Udie's Peterbilt Trailer Mod - Flavour #1 - Tanker Trailer".

Hope you enjoyed my Peterbilt Log Hauling Trailer Flavour #2
IMG_5734 B.jpg

Next post will be the Truck Stop (Gas Station).

Happy Toy Making - Peterbilt Trailers
Imants Udris (Udie)
<<<<<     >>>>>

Ken Martin

Reply with quote  #2 
Nicely Done Udie.
   Now that you have a whole fleet of trailers you need several more trucks.  Then see you will have to many sitting around and you will have to start going to craft shows.  LOL
Good Job.

ctowne

Reply with quote  #3 
Both of these trucks are great.  I'm really excited to build these.  The hand rail is an example of thinking outside the box.  Keep our eyes open in any store for little or big items that can be repurposed to make our toys look even better.
Thanks for doing all of these and sharing with us.
Cindy
cynthia lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #4 
This is so cool! I'd love to see a photo of the trailer with your custom landing gear pivot in action.

Cynthia - I'll do that as soon as I can, and will do it for the tanker trailer also - Udie
Udie

Reply with quote  #5 
Logger Landing Gear In Action
Cynthia - Here are a sequence of photos of the Landing Gear.
          Attached to the cab.
          Raised from the cab showing clearance.
          In the 'Up' position.
          In the 'Down' position

IMG_5763 A.jpg 
IMG_5765 A.jpg 
IMG_5766 A.jpg 
IMG_5768 A.jpg 
I'll do the same for the Tanker trailer also.
cynthia lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #6 
Wonderful! I love it. It's a terrific addition that adds tons of play value.
Ken Martin

Reply with quote  #7 
Cynthia
You are right about the landing gear and adding so much play value.
Couple more lessons and this Udie guy might be good at this toy making business.
Udie; I just love the work you did on this set.

JTalbot

Reply with quote  #8 
I recently purchased this plan set, probably will not get to building it til after Christmas. Looking forward to it.
Jeremy

Reply with quote  #9 
Nice work Udie [thumb]

Doc - Thanks Doc - good to hear from you again - Udie

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.