Author   Comment   Page 5 of 5     «   Prev   2   3   4   5
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #61 
You are a toy making production machine! Your workmanship is astounding. Thanks for sharing.
Rod T

Reply with quote  #62 
Nice work Bob

I hadn't thought of a pin nailer.
Looks like a pretty quick and easy way to do it.

Cheers
Rod T

BadBob

Reply with quote  #63 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod T
Nice work Bob

I hadn't thought of a pin nailer.
Looks like a pretty quick and easy way to do it.

Cheers
Rod T

I've been wanting this one for awhile now but was to frugal to pay full price for something I thought I might have a use for. I stumbled across this one for $43 on black Friday. It's the first time I have ever seen pin nailers discounted. You can get one at Harbor Freight for about $25 but I really like the double trigger safety on this one. I like Hitachi tools too. I have just about every drill they make.

To pin the axles you have to be very careful to keep the tip firmly against the toy. If you don't the tip will not be below the surface. I did this twice. As far as I can tell there is no way to get them back out. One I filed flush with a diamond file and refinished the bottom.  The other one I gave up and drove it in with a punch. That left a little dimple, but it looked better than some of the ones I drilled and pinned with skewers and dowels. 

What I really wanted a pin nailer for is stack cutting and glue ups. When you glue two boards together to get thicker stock. they want to slide around when you add the clamps. Some pins in the waste area will stop this. You can use them the same way for stack cutting on the scroll saw just remember to cut the outside last. No more carpet tape. 

Pinterest
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

BadBob

Reply with quote  #64 
Not exactly on the bench or even making anything . Unless you count holes. He drilled so many holes in that 2x4 it began to fall a part. His first time with a forstner bit. He was fascinated with it. I've never known a little boy who didn't like to play with a drill press. We did this after he helped me put wheels an a truck. 

20171207_203001 Drilling Holes With Papa.jpg

Pinterest
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

BadBob

Reply with quote  #65 
Still cleaning up un finished odds and ends. When I finish car bodies I keep applying finish and sanding and finishing until I am satisfied with the finish. This takes a long time with polyurethane. Some pieces are two coats and some pieces are 5 coats.  

20171205_165626_HDR Handmade Wooden Toy Cars - Bat Mobile - VV Bug -Pl.jpg  20171205_165641_HDR Handmade Wooden Toy Cars - Bat Mobile - VV Bug -Pl.jpg  20171205_215306_HDR Handmade Wooden Toy Cars - Mini Van - Play Pal.jpg

Pinterest
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

ddilucchio

Reply with quote  #66 
Been working on a few Christmas gifts for family members, after completing projects for the craft fair. Then having some fun with all the unusable scrap wood, planer shavings, and saw dust.

-Chad

https://www.facebook.com/woodentoysbychad/

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: 0F2A5709-D97E-477B-B36A-091B31901298.jpeg, Views: 13, Size: 2.08 MB  Click image for larger version - Name: B3D8941E-5233-4684-BD04-533B2B4277E5.jpeg, Views: 16, Size: 1.93 MB  Click image for larger version - Name: EBF40745-664E-4916-9744-70D79D374C3A.jpeg, Views: 15, Size: 2.10 MB  Click image for larger version - Name: CDA8BDE3-6FD3-47E5-9748-37B2E4664DB0.jpeg, Views: 18, Size: 2.31 MB  Click image for larger version - Name: 6E2B480C-DA0E-42C7-AAB7-60259C5A3E60.jpeg, Views: 18, Size: 1.84 MB 

BadBob

Reply with quote  #67 
My $25  Nikon 5700. If your going to sell your toys a canera is one of the tools in your toolbox. You don't need to spend a $1000 dolars on a camera if you buy used.  I can buy these any day of the week for under $50. I took these photos with my phone.

20171213_222202_HDR Twentyfive Dollar Nikon 5700.jpg  20171213_222030_HDR Twentyfive Dollar Nikon 5700.jpg 

Pinterest
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.