Author   Comment  
BadBob

Reply with quote  #1 
A while back I answered a Craigs List add for a Shopsmith Power Stand. It was at one of those storage places. They were selling off the contents of and abandon storage unit. The place was full of all sorts of stuff. We dug through there and I found a box of wood wheels. I think I paid $10 for them. There were a lot of bad ones and I've used a lot of them but here is what is left.

2016-04-16 18.48.15.jpg 
I get excited when I have a project that can use these wheels.

Oh yes, I bought the power stand for $100 new in the box plus a few ods and ends of Shopsmith parts.

Pinterest
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #2 
Now that is a great find! I would be pretty thrilled because having enough wheels available is always a problem for me. Thanks for sharing.
BadBob

Reply with quote  #3 
When I buy wheels I usually buy a lot more than I need for the project reasoning that If I used that size once I'll use it again. So far I have been grossly under estimating how many to buy. It seems like every time I start on a new toy it needs different wheels and I make more than I planed.

I'm hoping to get around to selling these again and make enough money so I don't have to eat cat food when I retire from my current job or at least be able to pay for the toy making. One of the things I need to figure out is stocking of parts. As you know it's way cheaper per wheel to by 500 wheels than it is to 10.

Pinterest
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

Rod T

Reply with quote  #4 
What a bargain Bob. Good find. 

I too would love to make toys and sell them when I retire... years from now...... I have to add a few more years of work now that I have that vision of eating cat food in my head....

Cheers
Rod T

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.