Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
BadBob

Reply with quote  #16 
I buy all my wheels from craft parts because I get consistent quality parts.  Some sellers will include parts that should have gone into the trash. Knots, chunks missing, very out of round and so rough they were not usable without extensive sanding are just a few of the things I have seen.  I buy a lot of stuff on eBay, but never wheels because their prices are usually too high. You can make some very good looking wheels; it just takes some time.

I'm not against 3D printing parts or using plastic and metal parts. I use magnets and steel pins in some toys. It's just not where I want want to go.

Pinterest
Google+
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

mad irish man

Reply with quote  #17 
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard pincombe
The resin and polyurethane rubber works out to be roughly the same price. I bought 5kg for £35, you would be able to cast quite a lot of wheels put of that amount. 100ml of resin did 8 wheels some 1 1/4" some 1". 1kg of silicone rubber worked out to be
750 ml. The weight of the resin wheels are slightly heavier than wood, buy you can't notice unless you weigh them. I have ordered some polyurethane rubber, I will keep you posted.
Shady

Reply with quote  #18 
Hi Toymakers
This resin/idea certainly seems to be creating a lot of excitement but can I take a moment to tell you about an Australian supplier that might be worth a look for wheels and other small bits.
Wooden Bits and Bobs   http://www.woodbits.com.au
I haven't used them myself yet although a couple of mates say they are "OK" and have no idea what the international postage might be but it has got to be less than from the US
The web site says they post overseas and you can pay with paypal.
Hope this will help somebody and if it doesn't work out -Hey dont shoot the messenger
Have a good day
Shady
bluetongue01

Reply with quote  #19 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady
Hi Toymakers
This resin/idea certainly seems to be creating a lot of excitement but can I take a moment to tell you about an Australian supplier that might be worth a look for wheels and other small bits.
Wooden Bits and Bobs   http://www.woodbits.com.au
I haven't used them myself yet although a couple of mates say they are "OK" and have no idea what the international postage might be but it has got to be less than from the US
The web site says they post overseas and you can pay with paypal.
Hope this will help somebody and if it doesn't work out -Hey dont shoot the messenger
Have a good day
Shady

I live in Australia and buy wheels etc from Wooden Bits and Bobs on a regular basis I would recommend giving them a try. 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.