Author   Comment  
Bucko

Reply with quote  #1 
I appreciate printing patterns to work with but in a way I'm Old School and still enjoy books and transferring patterns to 1/4" graph paper to use as patterns. This is what I did on the Jeep from a book I borrowed from the Library. This was a great build featuring all Oak, I added the .50 cal. machine gun to the Jeep where the back was empty in the plan. Jeep features 1 1/2" diameter wheels and is approx. 5" wide and 8" long. Enjoy my Jeep,Thanks so much-- jeep2_opt.jpg  jeep2_opt.jpg  jeep3_opt.jpg
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #2 
You are really cranking out some beautiful toys this Spring. This one is really special. How is the windshield attached? Does the one piece frame go all the way to the floorboards?
Bucko

Reply with quote  #3 
John I sure like the one piece all the way to the floorboard that you mentioned and I would have done that as your thought would be quite sturdy. The Windshield is 5/16" thick, I cut a slot 5/16" wide by 3/8" deep and set the windshield in that cut out slot. I should add the windshield has a yoke shape angle to allow the transition from rectangle frame to get the 3/8" depth. Thanks for the reply and I have been putting in a lil extra hobby time as my Wife asked that I back off of the overtime this year and enjoy my new shed shop.[smile]
ed357sw

Reply with quote  #4 
Looking good Bucko.

Now that's a wife to keep for sure telling you to get out in the shop and play LOL

Reply with quote  #5 
Very nice - I like the front bumper slight separation from the vehicle and the rounded sides in the front.
Cindy   
Udie

Reply with quote  #6 
Very nice Bucko.
Always a pleasure to see your work.

Bucko

Reply with quote  #7 
Thanks for the positive replies everyone , thanks for noticing the front bumper Cindy as I made sure it was positioned level and the space you mentioned is even and has a nice look with the 1/4" dowels securing it. Gotta mention to Ed , your right a keeper for sure -
Doc

Reply with quote  #8 
Nice choice of timber and finish there [thumb]

Reply with quote  #9 
Nice job! Every detail looks great.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.