Author   Comment  
chapmanrm

Reply with quote  #1 
I cut some parts and the sides with my cnc router and did the rest the conventional way. This build is for a fundraiser at work this will be a crate to hold the winnebago.

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: 004.jpg, Views: 33, Size: 3.41 MB  Click image for larger version - Name: 005.jpg, Views: 32, Size: 3.70 MB  Click image for larger version - Name: 006.jpg, Views: 30, Size: 2.99 MB  Click image for larger version - Name: 009.jpg, Views: 34, Size: 2.88 MB  Click image for larger version - Name: 010.jpg, Views: 38, Size: 3.11 MB  Click image for larger version - Name: 012.jpg, Views: 36, Size: 3.00 MB  Click image for larger version - Name: 013.jpg, Views: 40, Size: 3.28 MB  Click image for larger version - Name: 001.jpg, Views: 38, Size: 3.51 MB  Click image for larger version - Name: 002.jpg, Views: 38, Size: 3.26 MB 

richard pincombe

Reply with quote  #2 
Wow, looks great. I know nothing about Cnc, but It keeps cropping up, can you tell us a little about the machine.
chapmanrm

Reply with quote  #3 
The machine is a Shapeoko xxl it is an USA built machine which cuts on x,y and z planes with computer imput. I used it to do the engraving on the crate ends and cut he sides and grill parts. It cuts the parts exact each time no error. I use it with traditional methods of woodworking and it is great.

john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #4 
This is an inspirational post chapmanrm. I am extremely interested in CNC and your photos has given me a real boost to get off dead-center and do something about it. How long does it take for the CNC to cut out all the parts once you have it set up and running? And with a little experience how long do you estimate the setup takes for a project like the Winnebago Motor Home?
chapmanrm

Reply with quote  #5 
Hi John the CNC cut time varies depending on material pine or oak or maple, feed rate and plunge rate can be adjusted set up time is quick and includes setting zero x,y and z of the router I use center point for all my starts. The sides take maybe 15min to cut and small parts 5 to 10 min. The design time depends on your software and skill, right now  I am useing the free cad and cam provided by carbide 3d and it works well but is simple, there are many cad cam options price is the one factor. The benifit is in doing several repeat cuts and the exactness of the cut is perfect each time and the set up is faster each time. i will post a video later to show speed. It is mesmerizing to watch.
Bucko

Reply with quote  #6 
Excellent post and very impressive
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.