Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
wwalker47

Reply with quote  #1 

I did some research on the Winnebago motor homes and I decided to paint mine in the 1971 style of the Indian. You remember ’71 right? The colors were avocado green, orange, and gold. Shag wall-to-wall carpet was all the rage. The war in Vietnam was winding down (for me anyway) and I can just hear “How Can you Mend a Broken Heart?”  by the Bee Gees coming from the 8 track player in the Indian right now.

This project was great, I loved working on it. It took a little bit of time to do, going out of town and such, but I got ‘er done. I used pine and baltic birch plywood and painted with acrylic paint.  As you have all noticed I changed the table arrangement.  I designed a dinette to look more along the lines with the Indian. The jury is still out on the door hinge. After the two thicknesses of the material hinge plus the glue and paint I had to adjust the size of the door.  Of course I will know this on my next door. I guess I prefer the pined type that’s on the ’57 Chevy’s trailer.

03/29/16 These PDF free plans below are for the Dining Table.

Thanks for lookin’

Guildcraft Classic Winnebago with Trailer

winnebago2.jpg 

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: 100_4435.JPG, Views: 341, Size: 56.77 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: 100_4439.JPG, Views: 312, Size: 42.67 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: 100_4440.JPG, Views: 271, Size: 39.06 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: 100_4441.JPG, Views: 284, Size: 38.82 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: 100_4442.JPG, Views: 285, Size: 57.24 KB 

Attached Files
pdf Dining_Table_Model_(4).pdf (53.46 KB, 62 views)
pdf Dining_Table_Model_(1)_(1).pdf (11.75 KB, 44 views)
pdf Dining_Table_Model_(2)_(1).pdf (15.67 KB, 36 views)
pdf Dining_Table_Model_(3).pdf (13.03 KB, 44 views)

My saw is a DeWalt788
Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut

Ken Martin

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Bill

What a nice job on the Winnebago.
I want to build this one too, depends on when I can get back in the shop.

Thanks for sharing some of the build details.

ed357sw

Reply with quote  #3 
Very nicely done Bill.
these things where in a few movies along the way as well.

Thanks for sharing with the group.

Reply with quote  #4 
I have the plans but finding the time to do is the problem, but can I ask you how did the cloth hinge go or can a regular  hinge be used would there be enough thickness for a regular hinge, but you did a good job I am impressed . rob
levy.jr02

Reply with quote  #5 
Congratulations, very beautiful and well painted!

Atenciosamente;
Levy Junnior

JTalbot

Reply with quote  #6 
Very nice!

Reply with quote  #7 
Very nice.  This plan looks so much fun and now that I see the great job you did, I need to make  some time to get this one started.
Cindy
Rod T

Reply with quote  #8 
Nice work Bill. I still haven't gotten around to making the furniture for mine. 
Will get there eventually.

Cheers
Rod T

Tony

Reply with quote  #9 
Very nice love it
Tony

Reply with quote  #10 
This is another plan set that I bought, and I have been "fixin" to build one. Funny, I work for a motor coach builder. I plan on painting mine to look like the ones we build at work.
Jeremy

Reply with quote  #11 
Beautiful!  Thank you so much for sharing!  They say a picture is worth a thousand words...  I am a total beginner.  Would really like to know all of the tools needed for this project.  Thanks again!
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #12 
HI Bill,

This is a beautifully crafted Winnebago. I love the colors and can see that you had as much fun making it as I did! Thanks for sharing. 

John
kenbod

Reply with quote  #13 
Lovely Construction  I have these plans but getting some practice on the scroll saw before attempting, cannot decide whether a scroll saw or jigsaw is best tool with regard to wood thickness, have looked at plans to build a table to use the jigsaw inverted anyone tried this. Thanks for the opportunity of being able to participate in these forums, much needed knowledge is being gained.

Reply with quote  #14 
Hi Kenbod

Because the sides of parts 1 and 8 are only 3/4" thick and different openings for windows and doors, meaning both sides will be cutting one side at a time. I would use a #5 PGB, because they will cut with no deflection.  If your saw will not handle a #5 go to a #9.  All the other parts will be easy to cut with a #5 or less.

Good luck, and looking forward to seeing the results.

wwalker47

Reply with quote  #15 

Kenbod-

I think using a jigsaw would be a bad choice. Unless the blade is very thin you could not get the radius turns required not only that you would have to drill a big hole to get the blade in to cut. I cut the big pieces on my table saw and the cutouts with my scrollsaw. Ken Martin is correct you can cut it all with a #5 or a #9 blades. I used a #3 blade for the 1/8th boards. I cut beyond the line and then using my disk sander to sand up to the line.

My saw is a DeWalt788
Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.