Author   Comment  
stanman

Reply with quote  #1 
I've been away from the forum for a while but I have been busy.  Attached are my interpretations of the Winnebago RV (oak, walnut and cherry with a touch of hickory,mahogany and maple). Not shown are the off-loading ramps tucked under the jeep.  The rocking horse (oak, walnut and padauk) is a 50% reduction of the plans and was made for a 14" doll for my great niece. Wrecker is oak, walnut and mahogany. rv and jeep1.JPG 
rv and jeep2.JPG 
Rocking horse.JPG 
Wrecker.JPG

ed357sw

Reply with quote  #2 
Very nicely done.

I like the touring jeep combo.

Thanks for sharing with the group.

Reply with quote  #3 
You have been busy. I really like the details on the rocking horse. Thanks for sharing.
Tony

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #4 
This is quite a performance for Christmas 2015! Your family and friends must be pretty excited about each one of these masterpieces. I love the jeep and trailer idea. Wow-and the contrasting wood tones add a lot of excitement to each toy. I was thrilled to see these this morning. Thanks for taking the time to post these and to take great photos.
stanman

Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks for all your kind comments, I really enjoy customizing the already very good plans, we're lucky to have this company.  Stan
kenbod

Reply with quote  #6 
Very good workmanship, I will have to try changing dimensions. If enlarging do you increase timber thickness by enlarged amount as well as length and breadth.  ie if normal size thickness = 1/2" then double size plan = 1". Think this would make some toys too bulky.

Thanks Ken Bodkin

Reply with quote  #7 
Very nice - as always, I love the natural wood finish.  Your choices of wood really show off the toys.  Thanks for sharing such a great example - sets the bar high for me. 
Cindy
stanman

Reply with quote  #8 
Kenbod, as you might guess, changing dimensions can be tricky.  In my mind the most important are the length and width to keep everything in proportion. I have frequently changed the thickness on some of the plans and you are right, sometimes it is just too bulky.  Going smaller is a difficult choice, when I made the aircraft carrier (see prior newsletter article) I wanted the planes, helicopters and pt boats to be smaller so I made 75, 50 and 25% reductions.  At some point the dimensions just get too small to be strong enough.  I us F14s.JPG  ed tongue depressors on the 25% reduction of the Tomcat airplanes for the tail fins and that worked well. they are a little over 1/16th.  Still, most of the toys I make in this style are not to be played with.  Hope this helps.  Stan
BadBob

Reply with quote  #9 
Those are some sweet looking tomcats.
Pinterest
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

kenbod

Reply with quote  #10 
Thanks for your reply stanman,  will give reductions a try after I complete the Rocking Horse, really like your use of woods as contrast. Wish I could lay my hands on these different species.

Reply with quote  #11 
All of these toys are beautiful - really good execution

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.