Author   Comment  
wwalker47

Reply with quote  #1 
This is a half scale of the Guildcraft Classic Winnebago with Trailer and StarFleet X-Wing P5100 & Peterbilt 5000 Transport. I have been making half size of the toys I have already made because I am literally running out of shelf space.

These half scale project are a little more difficult then their big brothers because, of course, the are littler and when drilling hole for head and tail lights and such in the end of the blank wood stock has to be straight up and down. But I like a challenge. I have made six so far.

So, there you have it. First the Winnie and then the X-Wing.

Thanks for lookin,
A Mini Winnie

Winnebago Half Scale.jpg  Winnebago Half Size Inside.jpg  Winnebago Big and Little.jpg 

X-Wing and Transport
IMG_0261_Fotor.jpg  IMG_0265_Fotor.jpg  IMG_0266_Fotor.jpg 

My saw is a DeWalt788
Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut
kenneth smith

Toy Wizard at ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #2 
These are really awesome wwalker47 really a-1 builds
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #3 
I like the downsizing. They make an ideal toy for gifts and play! Nice work.
PaPa Jack

Reply with quote  #4 
Did you down size on computer/printer or reduce copied plan on printer that reduce it.  Did you reduce to 50% ?  What is the total length of the small unit.  Great job!  You guys are really doing great job painting.  Still not sure if I can paint toys and sell them at shows for  a price that will justify the time and expense.  How much difference do you think it makes in purchability and or price between painted and natural oiled?  Appreciate any comments,
flamepainter

Reply with quote  #5 
Great job on both projects! I also like the idea of downsizing them a bit.
makingsawdust

Reply with quote  #6 
I like these and the down size is a great idea.
Peter V

Reply with quote  #7 

Walker 47,

a very good idea. And looking very nice.

PaPa Jack,

I have no idea about the price you should (or could) ask. I was on a fair in my (little) town which attracts lots of people from around and I sold nothing! Parents and kids weren't even interested nor did they look at the toys.

The hype in the Netherlands at this moment is insect hotels. 

Natuurmonumenten Insectenhuis Zeshoek - Nestkast - Medium

As for (a) price, related to invested time and the cost of finish, I personally think that you never get even with or for that. The fun of making the toys is 'part of the game', i.e. for me it is.

Peter V
wwalker47

Reply with quote  #8 
Thanks all for all the kind words.

PaPa Jack, I do not sell them I just keep them on a shelf. I too, tried to sell some of my stuff but got on takers. I tried it twice with no results. Too much hassle, so I do them for my own entertainment. As far as down sizing I just go into the print button in the PDF and chose the Custom Scale button and change it to 50%. Everything comes out at half size.

The length of the X-wing Transport is 11-1/4 inches long and 2-7/8 inches wide and 3 inches high.

Peter V, What in the heck is insect hotels?? They check in but don't check out?

Any  way thanks.

My saw is a DeWalt788
Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.