Author   Comment  
monsangra

Reply with quote  #1 
It's been a long time since I got in touch. Rest assured I was busy and doing lots of other projects. I have been a woodturner for a long time, even before I started making wooden toys. Still making toys and selling a few on the way.

I have also taken up carving birds. I will post pictures after this item.
Thought you might be interested in this plate with painted edge. I have attached files showing process of making these.  The plate is made out of Sycamore. I managed to get white sycamore to contrast the colours. Hope you like it.
This plate was made for a friend who in return,  cut and shaped for me steel re-inforcement steel plates for the carving vise I am currently making.

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_1.JPG, Views: 13, Size: 312.73 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_2.JPG, Views: 13, Size: 340.93 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_3.JPG, Views: 13, Size: 346.46 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_4.JPG, Views: 16, Size: 375.59 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_5.JPG, Views: 19, Size: 372.31 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_6.JPG, Views: 18, Size: 376.63 KB 

ctowne

Reply with quote  #2 
That is beautiful
phantom scroller

Reply with quote  #3 
Exceptional work,love it. [thumb]

https://www.facebook.com/Scrollsaw-Woodworker-578378898839152/
ed357sw

Reply with quote  #4 
Wow, that turned nicely. I have only turned a couple of small bowls. They are fun to do....

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.