Author   Comment  
wwalker47

Reply with quote  #1 

I just finished the Woody Wagon and Trailer. I used Baltic Burch Plywood, Red Oak, and Pine. I finished the wood siding on the wagon and trailer with Watco Danish Oil in natural and painted the rest with acrylic paint.  I really enjoyed doing this project and currently working on the ’57 and trailer.  You guys have the best plans and have good assembly instructions.  I would highly recommend you to anyone.

Thanks for lookin’

-Bill[013[1]] Resized2.jpg Resized3.jpg Resized1.jpg

My saw is a DeWalt788
Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut
Ken Martin

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Bill
Nice job on the woody wagon and trailer.
I was surprised to see how much the yellow pops against the natural wood.  Looks good.
   I also like the little things, showing attention to detail.  Like the red axles and the red luggage.  
   Did you find any challenges with the plan set, that might help the rest of us when we are ready to build this set, and how long did it take to make it?
Thanks for sharing, and you did a really good job.

Bucko

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks for posting Bill, everyone loves pictures. Nice work on your vehicle and trailor and I see a steering wheel in your wagon , I forgot to put it in mine and you did a good job on the grill cutout which stands out well.
Udie

Reply with quote  #4 
Bill (wwalker47) - Nice work mixing natural wood with the painted parts. It looks just fantastic. Going to be hard letting this one leave the shop without some personal playtime on the workbench.
ctowne

Reply with quote  #5 
Very nice - I too like the natural wood mixed with the painted. 
Cindy
banderson

Reply with quote  #6 
Looks great. Thanks for posting the pictures.
Muskokamike

Reply with quote  #7 
awesome job and as others have stated, great details too.....
Dolf Joubert

Reply with quote  #8 
Hi Bill,
   I also built the woody with the camper and found one problem which I will change with my next one. I found the space to hook the camper onto the woody a bit cramped and I am sure that children might experience problems hooking the camper up.
I also built the 57 Chevvy and camper and did not find the hitching up to be a problem there.
I am impressed with your built. Very nice!
Regards
Dolf
TommyT

Reply with quote  #9 
Great Job on this build!!  This is one of my favorite patterns!  I like your color combinations too!  Nice going!!!!!

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.