Author   Comment  
Kel

Reply with quote  #1 
DFE514DE-0179-4251-8648-D91AE45F3BA0.png  I made 2 of these, have sold one already. Was a bit challenging at times, but managed to get a result.this project was under coated by hand and then sanded , then spray painted using aerosol cans.
kenneth smith

Toy Wizard at ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #2 
WOW! I love the paint job, is that an iridescent paint? Which brand did you use?
Kel

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi ken, the paint is a gloss metallic blue in an aerosol can the brand is white knight. I am in Australia and I use a lot of white knight  brand paint. I think it is about $12 a can . Being a metallic paint it was a bit of a pain to get the final result., but well worth it in the end.
wwalker47

Reply with quote  #4 
Very nice indeed.

My saw is a DeWalt788
Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut
kenneth smith

Toy Wizard at ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #5 
It turned out great! 
dragon54

Reply with quote  #6 
Very nice great work cheers
TomDullage

Reply with quote  #7 
Nice one Kel! I'm working on this plan at the moment, between other jobs, might take me a while to complete!

Reply with quote  #8 
hey tom.
just take your time with this build.the picture is of the second one that i made,in this one i made the roof of the jeep using a wide board and routered the required shape,this made it a lot easier then cutting a series of parts and gluing them together to form the roof.also on the quad bike components like the seat etc that required cutting and gluing the 2 parts together i just made them as one part instead.so have a good look at the plans and think about how you can get the same result an easier way. have fun.
kel
TomDullage

Reply with quote  #9 
Thanks Kel, great advice.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.